The Rosedale Neighborhood Association’s meeting for 3/27/17 has been cancelled. There is no pressing business this month.
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association will meet on Monday evening, February 27, 2016, at 7pm (note time change) at the Yarborough Library on Hancock.
- Waller Creek Conservancy, brief history and general overview—Generation Waller Group
- The Rosedale School update—Ms. Elizabeth Dickey, Principal
- Frequency and location of future RNA meetings and events—Teresa and Dale
- CodeNext update
Hope to see you at the library.
Dale Gray, RNA Co-President
Read the December 2017 Rosedale NA newsletter announcing the annual meeting where we’ll be voting on Steering Committee members who have been nominated for 2017. The annual meeting will be: TUESDAY, December 20, 7pm, Cafe Express, 3418 North Lamar, Austin. Please join us Tuesday for what Jeff promises will be a short meeting. You can pay 2016 and 2017 dues by mail or online at the link below. Click on the Donate button $10 per household per year: /the-rna/membership-information/
Had enough meetings and hearings lately? Well, I’d like to invite you to one more before 2016 finally ends. The Rosedale Neighborhood Association will hold its Annual Meeting on Tuesday, December 20, 2016, at 7 pm at Café Express, 3418 N. Lamar (parking lot on the Medical Parkway side a block south of 38th Street). The library is not available for this meeting.
At the meeting, neighbors will elect Officers and Steering Committee members for 2017. All Rosedale residents are invited!! You must have paid your 2016 dues be eligible to vote. Dues for 2017 ($10 per household) can be paid at the meeting.
The nominees for RNA 2017 Officers and Steering Committee are:
Dale Gray, Co-President
Teresa Holmes, Co-President
Jeff Archer, Secretary
Karen McLinden, Treasurer
John Burgess and Sarah Cunningham
Bee and Robert Moorhead
Dianne Holley Mountain
Ryan and Kelly Pirkl
Richard and Kim Relph
Nick and Megan Zappitelli
You should also receive a printed newsletter with this announcement delivered to your home by Sunday. Please note that current steering committee member Alison Alter, who was nominated to the 2017 steering committee, will be stepping down to assume other duties. You may have heard about that.
2017 promises to present Rosedale with many challenges and opportunities. Our steering committee, with direction from the neighborhood, provides the day-to-day backbone that helps make the RNA an effective voice for Rosedale. We hope to see you at the meeting.
RNA Co-President 2016
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association steering committee will meet on Monday evening, November 28, 2016, at 6:45 pm at the Yarborough Library on Hancock.
The agenda is pretty light, so the meeting may not take long. We will finalize a proposed slate for the RNA Steering Committee and officers for 2017 to be voted on at a subsequent meeting, so please attend if you’d like to volunteer or have a say in RNA’s leadership.
We will of course look at the current status of the Grove at Shoal Creek PUD proposal, for which negotiations are still underway.
We may also have a presentation on the Waller Creek restoration and improvement project from members of the Waller Creek Conservancy. I have not confirmed that just yet so please stand by.
Hope to see you at the library.
Jeff Archer, RNA Co-President
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association steering committee will hold its regular monthly meeting on Monday evening, October 24, 2016, at 6:45 pm at the Yarborough Library on Hancock.
While this meeting is not a formal candidate forum, local candidates for offices on the November ballot are welcome to briefly address the meeting regarding their candidacy and take a few questions. The president will allocate an equal amount of time to each candidate based on how many candidates appear.
The agenda will also cover the ongoing city council action on the Grove at Shoal Creek PUD proposal, and what Rosedale neighbors can do now to effectively influence the process.
We will also continue the nominating and selection process for the RNA steering committee and officers for 2017.
Please come to the library Monday night!
Jeff Archer, RNA Co-President
The minutes for the RNA meeting on September 26th have been posted, read them here. September’s Rosedale Neighborhood Association meeting covered Bike Austin, the RNA Nomination Committee, the Zoning Committee Report, an update on the Grove at Shoal Creek Development. Note that the RNA website maintains minutes for most RNA meetings from the past few years.
In anticipation of the PUD for The Grove at Shoal Creek going before Austin City Council on September 22nd, the Rosedale Neighborhood Association strongly urges all Rosedale neighbors (and others) to consider signing the petition (copy below) to help preserve the quality of life in Rosedale and surrounding neighborhoods, and to have The Grove at Shoal Creek developed in a manner appropriate to the site.
Please follow this link: http://tiny.cc/nogrovepud and submit the petition. Also, consider contacting your neighbors to encourage them to do so, as well.
We have worked to welcome reasonable mixed-use development to the parcel of land at 45th St. and Bull Creek Road since 2012, but developer Milestone/ARG wants greater entitlement on the land that the site can support.
We ask that the City Council work on our behalf to scale back the project to reduce impacts on traffic and flooding and to create an opportunity for more quality park space and affordable housing. We support the efforts of the Bull Creek Road Coalition and its member neighborhoods in trying to bring Common Sense to this approval process. We ask that you address the following concerns in hope that we can arrive at a Win-Win outcome for this PUD:
- We support a reduction in the number of homes priced at over one million dollars and a greater emphasis on Affordable and “Missing Middle” housing on the site. Milestone promised 180 units of Affordable Housing for nearly a year, but has fallen back to just 87 units, according to the latest City staff estimate.
- We support a 50,000 s.f. reduction in the Retail use from the 150,000 s.f. proposed to diminish Regional traffic demand and support walkability.
- We support a 100,000 s.f. reduction in the Office use from the 215,000 s.f. proposed to diminish Regional traffic demand and support walkability.
- We support Superior on-site stormwater detention for the project to ensure that no new stormwater will be discharged into Shoal Creek, rather than “fee in lieu.”
- We support a 4 acre increase in usable Park space to accommodate the large number of people who will live on the site and the parks-deficient neighborhoods that surround it.
- We support a requirement for on-street bicycle lanes on Bull Creek Rd., extending through the intersection of 45th/Bull Creek, rather than the dangerous “multi-use” trail proposed.
- We support a 7,500 s.f. reduction in Cocktail Lounge use from the 15,000 s.f. proposed, along with a noise mitigation plan to ensure that the bars are compatible with the neighborhood context.
- We do not support any use of 2627 w. 45th St. (aka “The Road House”) as a street or entrance to the PUD.
- We support construction of a pedestrian/bike bridge over Shoal Creek, connecting to the Shoal Creek hike/bike trail, fully funded by the developer, rather than the taxpayer-subsidized bridge proposed.
- We support a “belt and suspenders” approach to flood prevention along the Idlewild Rd. portion of the site, preferably via a “Greenway” that creates better park access and an opportunity for flood prevention.
Thank you for your time and attention! Rosedale Neighborhood Association This petition will be delivered to: Austin City Council
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association will hold its regular monthly meeting on all things Rosedale on Monday evening, July 25, 2016, at 6:45 pm at the Yarborough Library on Hancock.
This month’s agenda will include:
- Upcoming Events: Pool Party, Ramsey Park Pool, Saturday, August 20, 2016—Richard & Kim Relph
- Upcoming Events: Commanders Forum, Thursday, July 28, 2016. The meeting will be held from 6:30-8:00pm at the Cornerstone Church, 1101 Reinli Street
- Ramsey Park—paver status from Mindy?
- The Grove—update from Chris & Gina
- Shoal Creek Blvd Bike Safety Improvements—discussion with Miller Nuttle, Bike Austin
You are welcome to bring up anything else of interest to the neighborhood and to participate in the discussion.
Hope to see you there!
The minutes for the RNA meeting on June 27th have been posted, read them here. June’s Rosedale Neighborhood Association meeting covered the July 4 activities, the Grove development, an end of the season pool party, and a quick chat with City Council Member Leslie Pool. Note that the RNA website maintains minutes for most RNA meetings from the past few years.