In anticipation of the PUD for The Grove at Shoal Creek going before Austin City Council on September 22nd, the Rosedale Neighborhood Association strongly urges all Rosedale neighbors (and others) to consider signing the petition (copy below) to help preserve the quality of life in Rosedale and surrounding neighborhoods, and to have The Grove at Shoal Creek developed in a manner appropriate to the site.
Please follow this link: http://tiny.cc/nogrovepud and submit the petition. Also, consider contacting your neighbors to encourage them to do so, as well.
We have worked to welcome reasonable mixed-use development to the parcel of land at 45th St. and Bull Creek Road since 2012, but developer Milestone/ARG wants greater entitlement on the land that the site can support.
We ask that the City Council work on our behalf to scale back the project to reduce impacts on traffic and flooding and to create an opportunity for more quality park space and affordable housing. We support the efforts of the Bull Creek Road Coalition and its member neighborhoods in trying to bring Common Sense to this approval process. We ask that you address the following concerns in hope that we can arrive at a Win-Win outcome for this PUD:
- We support a reduction in the number of homes priced at over one million dollars and a greater emphasis on Affordable and “Missing Middle” housing on the site. Milestone promised 180 units of Affordable Housing for nearly a year, but has fallen back to just 87 units, according to the latest City staff estimate.
- We support a 50,000 s.f. reduction in the Retail use from the 150,000 s.f. proposed to diminish Regional traffic demand and support walkability.
- We support a 100,000 s.f. reduction in the Office use from the 215,000 s.f. proposed to diminish Regional traffic demand and support walkability.
- We support Superior on-site stormwater detention for the project to ensure that no new stormwater will be discharged into Shoal Creek, rather than “fee in lieu.”
- We support a 4 acre increase in usable Park space to accommodate the large number of people who will live on the site and the parks-deficient neighborhoods that surround it.
- We support a requirement for on-street bicycle lanes on Bull Creek Rd., extending through the intersection of 45th/Bull Creek, rather than the dangerous “multi-use” trail proposed.
- We support a 7,500 s.f. reduction in Cocktail Lounge use from the 15,000 s.f. proposed, along with a noise mitigation plan to ensure that the bars are compatible with the neighborhood context.
- We do not support any use of 2627 w. 45th St. (aka “The Road House”) as a street or entrance to the PUD.
- We support construction of a pedestrian/bike bridge over Shoal Creek, connecting to the Shoal Creek hike/bike trail, fully funded by the developer, rather than the taxpayer-subsidized bridge proposed.
- We support a “belt and suspenders” approach to flood prevention along the Idlewild Rd. portion of the site, preferably via a “Greenway” that creates better park access and an opportunity for flood prevention.
Thank you for your time and attention! Rosedale Neighborhood Association This petition will be delivered to: Austin City Council