Rosedale Neighborhood Association (RNA) ANNUAL MEETING Minutes
November 23, 2015
[The annual meeting includes the Treasurer’s annual report, the election of RNA officers and steering committee in accordance with the by-laws]
Call to Order
Co-President Jeff Archer called the meeting to order at 6:50 p.m.
Treasurer’s Annual Report
Treasurer Karen McLinden made the annual presentation of the following Treasurer’s report:
Slate of Officers for the 2016 RNA Steering Committee
Nominating Committee member, Dianne Holley Mountain, presented the following slate of officers and steering committee members to be considered for the 2016 RNA board:
Jeff Archer & Dale Gray, Co-Presidents
Joyce Brown, Secretary
Karen McLinden, Treasurer
Members At Large:
Chris & Gina Allen
Diane Holley Mountain
Ryan & Kelly Pirkl
Richard & Kim Relph
Dianne made a motion that the slate be approved and Mac Ragsdale seconded the motion. The board was approved.
Ramsey Park Updates
Alison Alter gave the following updates:
- Alison thanked Jeff for organizing the tree planting. Many volunteers planted 42 additional trees and spread mulch in the picnic table area and around the trees.
- The park is getting six to seven new picnic tables some of which are ADA accessible
- New bleachers and a new pad have been installed
- A new shade structure will be installed over the nature play area
- The adult fitness equipment has been ordered and will be installed soon
- Four to five large trees will soon be planted with irrigation near the basketball court and between the playscapes.
Jeff thanked Alison for all of work on the park improvements.
Zoning and Development:
Chris and Gina Allen announced that the Grove PUD is scheduled to be on the Zoning and Platting Commission agenda and Environmental Commission agenda in December. These schedules might be changed.
They also reported that the City Council has adopted changes to the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) ordinance. The changes reduce the square footage of a lot where an ADU may be constructed. ADUs can now be built on 5870 sq. ft. lots, previously lots had to be 7000 sq. ft.
District 10 Report
Ms. Sheri Gallo presented a City of Austin proclamation declaring that November 21st had been declared “Ramsey Park Tree Planting Day”. Alison Alter received the proclamation.
Ms. Gallo also invited residents to subscribe to the District 10 newsletter.
There will not be a RNA meeting in December.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm.