TUESDAY AUG 20 — The RNA will hold its bi-monthly meeting 7:00-8:30 pm at Rudy’s BBQ on Lamar. The agenda will be posted later, but we plan for an update on the new city-wide rewrite of the City of Austin zoning code, progress on the proposed footbridge over Shoal Creek connecting to the Grove, and many other important and interesting items relevant to folks in Rosedale.
All Rosedale residents are welcome as always. Free BBQ and sides available!
A reminder about the celebration to close down Ramsey Park Pool for this summer. The party will be on Saturday, August 17th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The Rosedale Neighborhood Association (RNA) will provide music, water, soft drinks, and snacks. Bring food to share or just come and say good-bye to the pool for 2019. See ya there!
Richard & Kim Relph
RNA Steering Committee Members
Join us this Thursday, July 4th, 10 am to noon, for the annual Rosedale 4th of July Parade and Carnival at Ramsey Park! The event kicks off with a promenade around the park followed by carnival games, live music, and food! All tickets for food and games are $1.
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association steering committee will hold its regular, now bimonthly, meeting on Tuesday evening, February 5, 2019, at 7 pm and should conclude by 8:30 pm (come at 6:30 pm for dinner if you’d like), at Rudy’s BBQ on Lamar in the Crockett Room (south end of the restaurant).
The agenda will include:
- The striping of Shoal Creek Blvd.
- The foot bridge over Shoal Creek and survey
- HHSC and Austin State Hospital Campus redevelopment
- Zoning and development issues
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association steering committee will hold its regular, now bimonthly, meeting on Tuesday evening, February 5, 2019, at 7 pm, at Rudy’s BBQ on Lamar in the Crockett Room (south end of the restaurant).
The agenda will include:
- A final vote on proposed changes to RNA’s bylaws, including proposals to streamline the annual meeting to select new officers and to update procedures for amending the bylaws, and other changes relating to the RNA’s officers and their roles.
- A discussion of the current status and recent developments related to the proposed footbridge to connect Shoal Creek Boulevard to the Grove on the other side of Shoal Creek.
- Discussion of the sidewalks being installed on 45th St, Ramsey, and 44th Street
- Brief updates on other local issues, such as the long-term design of Shoal Creek Boulevard bike lanes and the state’s plans for redeveloping the State Hospital.
Hope you can stop by!
RNA President for 2019
The Rosedale Neighborhood Association steering committee will hold a neighborhood meeting on Tuesday evening, November 13, 2018, at 7 pm, at La Mancha (2203 Hancock Dr, 78756). Come dine if you wish or enjoy a drink and snack on us! We hope the meeting is short and sweet. The agenda will include:
- Planning for the election of RNA officers and steering committee members for 2019.
- A discussion of proposed changes to update RNA’s bylaws, including proposals to streamline the annual meeting to select new officers and to update procedures for amending the bylaws, and other changes relating to the RNA’s officers and their roles.
- A review of the “local political discussions allowed” policy we used for the Rosedale Yahoo mailing list for this election.
We welcome discussion of anything else Rosedale, so don’t be shy!
Hope to see you there!
RNA President for 2018
Dear Rosedale Neighbors,
The ANNUAL BACK-TO-SCHOOL END-OF-SUMMER POOL PARTY at Ramsey Pool is a so on for this Saturday evening, August 18, from 6 to 8 pm. Come enjoy the pool, where the aerator has kept the water so refreshing this summer!
Enjoy pot-luck music, drinks, and snacks and friendly conversations for a couple hours while the sun sets languidly over the tennis courts. Bring a box or bag or pan of your favorite picnic-table goodies to share. We will provide paper cups and napkins and plates and drinks.
The pool closes for the season at the end of the party, so this is your last chance this summer to skip your Saturday night bath!
Come one, come all to the annual Rosedale 4th of July event on Wednesday, July 4th. The parade begins at 10am at the amphitheater at Ramsey Park with a promenade around the park. Bring your competitive energy to the water balloon toss and win a family pack of gift certificates to Amy’s Ice Cream. Plenty of carnival games for young children, as well as baked goods, cold drinks and of course watermelon. Don’t forget your swimsuits for a dip in Ramsey Pool after the celebration.
Interested in volunteering? Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054baca72ea7f49-2018
Questions? Contact Rachel Gray at email@example.com