Tuesday, July 4th, 10:00am to noon, at Ramsey Park
Join us for a promenade around Ramsey Park, live music, watermelon slices, bake sale, water balloon tossing contest, ice cream truck, and carnival games for the kiddos!
Our 4th of July celebration is fast approaching. We hope you can join us as neighbors come together at Ramsey Park and have a great time!
- Arrive by 10:00am to decorate bikes/scooters/strollers/pets with decorations we provide or decorate at home if you prefer.
- A bit after 10:00, join our traditional promenade around Ramsey Park.
- After the promenade, enjoy watermelon slices, live music, the bake sale, a water balloon tossing contest, an ice cream food truck, and carnival games for the kiddos (which requires help from volunteers; see below!).
- After the celebration ends at noon, you might choose to enjoy recreational swim at Ramsey Pool, which will be open noon to 7pm on the 4th of July!
All proceeds from the bake sale and carnival are used for park improvements.
IMPORTANT: Please bring cash! We are also arranging to allow payments using Venmo and Paypal.
Please help make our sweet neighborhood tradition a big success this year!
Among the volunteer tasks: donating drinks and baked goods, loaning camping chairs and tables, setting up before, cleaning up after. We have many carnival shifts available (perfect for middle and high schoolers). The carnival can only happen if we have plenty of volunteers, so please consider volunteering for a shift.
Sign up for a task using the QR-code at left or here: signupgenius.com/go/4090C4EA4AE29A7FD0-2023
Questions to Kelly Pirkl, Kelly.Pirkl@gmail.com
The Bake Sale needs YOU!
The bake sale is a popular spot during the July 4th celebrations each year. It always raises a good amount of money and, like the carnival, 100% of the proceeds goes into the park fund to be used for Ramsey Park improvements.
Come by for a snack and fabulous cookies to take home with you! We will offer tacos (first come, first served) and always welcome additional business donations!
The most popular items are lovingly home-baked goodies by our very own Rosedale neighbors. We normally sell out! Please consider donating items that kids find irresistible, as well as items for a more grown-up palate. Ideas of items to bring:
- individual baggies or plates of cookies or brownies
- decorated cookies, cupcakes, and cake balls
- individually packaged slices of bread, e.g. banana, pumpkin, etc.
- whole loves of cakes and breads, e.g. pound cake, banana bread, pumpkin bread, apple bread, etc.
- small whole cobblers in takeaway pans
- pies in takeaway pans
- gluten-free items are also popular
- any kind of baked goods that neighbors might enjoy
The only items that don’t sell well are large or elaborate cakes.
Please bring your items to the bake sale tables by 9:30 – 10:00. Questions? Contact Felicia Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-426-4203.